One of our editorial contributors is a member of The Internet Society, which as an organisation is now twenty five years old. We were excited to read his email about the latest prize programme being undertaken by the The Society.
To celebrate this quarter century anniversary the Society is undertaking a search for twenty five internet innovators, under the age of twenty five.
”Do you know someone between the ages of 13-25 who is passionate about using the Internet to make a difference? We want to hear about them! They could receive a trip to Los Angeles and a chance to connect and collaborate with other young leaders from around the world”.
You can read more about this search on The Internet Society web pages here. The qualifications for the nominees include the following…
- They must be using the Internet to make a positive impact
- Have a commitment and passion to make the world better
- Be making a difference in their community
- Have ideas that can be implemented around the world
- Be between the ages of 13-25 by 31 December 2017
To nominate someone for a trip, and a networking opportunity, that can change young lives read more here – you can discover the nomination process and form here.
What can the entrants expect to secure, if they are successful?
- Roundtrip economy-class travel for awardee and double occupancy lodging in Los Angeles from 16/17-21 September 2017
- Formal recognition the evening of 17 September at a special reception
Invitation to the Internet Hall of Fame inductee ceremony and dinner on 18 September
- Opportunity to meet and engage with the Internet Society team and the 2017 Internet Hall of Fame inductees
- Participation in Collaborative Leadership Exchange in an unconference format on 18 September
- Leadership development and community engagement programmes on 19-20 September
Nomination deadline: 31st May, 2017.
Our region is bursting with ‘tech talent’ of all ages. Nominate a young person today and help create the next game changing web innovators, pursuing real impact for good!