We thought that these two U.S based projects were delightful examples of how, using remote technology, you can explore both art and place from your armchair.
They are not intended for the casual, under resourced visitor certainly, in terms of expected project outcome. However, they are wonderful case studies of how their subjects can be explored in depth from the laptop.
As well as successfully cultivating a world wide audience. See what you think…they might offer a new template for action in these difficult times?
Open House New York
October 17–18, 2020 See more at https://ohny.org/weekend
Yes, this citywide celebration of architecture is happening. (And, yes, things are a bit different this year.)
What will I be able to sign up for and see?
- Self-Guided Tours: itineraries for outdoor exploration of an area by foot, by bike, or by boat.
- On-Site Video Tours: video walkthroughs of a project with architects, historians, and other experts.
- Open Studios: virtual presentations by architects and artists of a single project.
- Podcasts: audio recordings about a single site.
- Exhibitions: self-guided explorations of digital exhibitions.
- Virtual Programs: panels, interactive tours, live Q&As, performances, and more
EDITIONS / ARTISTS’ BOOKS FAIR – New York
OCTOBER 14 – 28, 2020
We are thrilled to announce E/AB Fair 2020, fully online, October 14 – 28 on this website.
A world class array of visual art book publishers in a virtual conference hall venue.
“The fair will gather an international community of over 60 publishers and dealers, featuring emerging and mid-career contemporary artists. Each exhibitor will have their own viewing room and, as always, they will be accessible for artwork discussion and special insights.”
For a New York based initiative you can expect to find a vast array of visual art exhibitors from the East Coast of the USA. But there also, in the catalogue, a healthy assortment of non-East Coast based creative centres.
Just visiting these web pages is inspirational. We wish all the contributors to the event good luck.
So if you are visiting OHNY this weekend, why not stay in New York for another week and take in the visual feast that is the E//AB Fair.
All without leaving your armchair!