We scope across the UK by region, looking for funding news in the arts, community development, children and young people, community cohesion and education sectors.
We refresh regularly. Bookmark us or just come back often. We’ll be glad to see you at conversationsEAST.
Useful fund and development links:
j4bgrants.co.uk Regular updates about the SME, enterprise and social enterprise sectors. Funding, grants and development programmes.
spacehive.com Crowdfunding for community projects and more…
terravivagrants.org Funding sources and project advice for Africa/Caribbean projects
Department for Culture, Media and Sport Programme and funding news across diverse thematic deliveries.
(Some funders/services do like you to register some details to access their information. You can access both free and paid direct subscriptions to NCVO Funding Central here.)
Regularly updated newsfeeds:
Thirdsector Fundraising News
- September 18, 2019 The charities are among those named by the Fundraising Regulator under its new policy of explaining which organisations it has investigated
- September 16, 2019 The head of partnership development at the social welfare charity talks to Third Sector about interpersonal skills and recruiting people from outside the sector
- September 16, 2019 We need to understand why the fundraising crisis happened, but no one has done that properly, so all we've done is put in place solutions that have led to more problems
- September 16, 2019 This year's C&E Corporate-NGO Partnerships Barometer says all the charities go into partnerships for financial support, but 79 per cent say they also do so for long-term security
- September 16, 2019 But it says there has also been a negative reaction from some donors to the story, which criticised the charity for spending money on overseas projects
- September 16, 2019 The tabloid yesterday ran a negative story about the charity spending money on overseas projects, which led to a Twitter backlash
- September 12, 2019 But there's no room for complacency, writes the digital consultant
- September 12, 2019 Mark Hodgkinson tells Third Sector he sees them as more than just vehicles for raising funds
- September 11, 2019 As income from traditional fundraising methods starts to come under strain, a three-year project has been exploring new models of income generation for charities. Rebecca Cooney looks at the results so far
- September 11, 2019 A survey by the Institute of Fundraising finds that 41 per cent of respondents are positive about the profession, with 18 per cent saying they are negative
- September 18, 2019
- September 17, 2019
Government & National Lottery backed youth social action #iwill Fund supported by County Durham Community Foundation available via The Good ExchangeSeptember 10, 2019
- September 02, 2019
Artesian Solutions Set to Once Again Host the ‘Brain of the City’ Quiz for City Giving Day on 24th September 2019August 27, 2019
News from CAP Arts N.I.
- This award, now in its twelfth year, takes the form of a financial award of up to £1000, to one local artist aged 16 – 25, to support arts projects, residencies or approved study, over and above full-time second and or third level education. The award may also cover the
- This bursary allows a successful Artist to spend two all-inclusive weeks at the prestigious Tyrone Guthrie Centre, Annaghmakerrig, Co Monaghan. This idyllic artist’ retreat plays host to artists from around the world working in a variety of art forms. For more information contact – firstname.lastname@example.org Application deadline is Friday 29
- This award enables a local writer to spend a week at the poplular Summer School in Armagh enjoying a varied programme of talks, readings and workshops led by a host of internally renowned writers and speakers (food and accommodation are included). For more information contact Lynda – Lynda.email@example.com Application deadline
- Up to £1500 is available for any one organisation in each financial year. Making Art in Communities Funding Programme (MAC) is to support constituted community groups/organisations based in the Lisburn and Castlereagh Council area to participate in, and develop to promote the Arts. MAC will provide funding in a range
- This scheme is open. All applications to the programmes below must be for projects that will take place between 1st November 2019 and 31st October 2020. General Arts Awards Artists’ Career Enhancement Scheme (ACES) Major Individual Awards (MIA) Artists’ International Development Fund (Individuals) Self-arranged residencies Mike Moloney Award Anne O’Donoghue
- What do you need to progress your practice and/or career? What do you need to kick start a new idea? Jerwood Bursaries provide funding to help you explore and develop your next steps, whether through supporting your skills and knowledge development and/or supporting the first stage development of
- The International Showcase Fund offers vital support for UK based* artists, bands, songwriters and producers based who have been invited to play an international showcasing festival or conference. The PRS Foundation grant up to £5,000 as a contribution to; Travel Visas Accommodation Per diems (daily expenses) We grant
- The Youth Creative Skills Training Bursary Scheme has been established to help improve access to creative skills training or development programmes for young people. This bursary scheme links to Strategic Theme 2 in the Cultural Strategy – Investing in creative learning & skills development: To support the creative
- The Lord and Lady Lurgan Trust gives grants in the U.K., usually in London, and in Northern Ireland and South Africa. In the U.K. grants are focused on: Music and arts education and participation Deafness and other disabilities The elderly Medical relief including hospice support, and Medical research Please note
- The Culture Arts and Heritage Grant Scheme has been designed to best support, promote and develop cultural, arts and heritage events, projects and activities. It has been devised to support local community and voluntary groups to promote and develop projects which broaden cultural access throughout the council area.