We scope across the UK by region, looking for funding news in the arts, community development, children and young people, community cohesion and education sectors.
We refresh regularly. Bookmark us or just come back often. We’ll be glad to see you at conversationsEAST.
Useful fund and development links:
j4bgrants.co.uk Regular updates about the SME, enterprise and social enterprise sectors. Funding, grants and development programmes.
spacehive.com Crowdfunding for community projects and more…
terravivagrants.org Funding sources and project advice for Africa/Caribbean projects
Department for Culture, Media and Sport Programme and funding news across diverse thematic deliveries.
(Some funders/services do like you to register some details to access their information. You can access both free and paid direct subscriptions to NCVO Funding Central here.)
Regularly updated newsfeeds:
Thirdsector Fundraising News
- May 24, 2019 Rachael Job says campaigns can be effective with just a shoestring budget
- May 24, 2019 The former television executive is to leave the charity towards the end of the year
- May 23, 2019 The campaigner Alexia Pepper de Caires, joint founder of the NGO Safe Space, tells Third Sector's Fundraising Conference these men are often 'failed upwards' to get them out of the way
- May 23, 2019 Jo Barnett, executive director of Virgin Money Giving, tells Third Sector's Fundraising Conference the sector has not responded enough to where technology is heading
- May 23, 2019 At Third Sector's Fundraising Conference, Louise Parkes says charities must find better ways to engage with their supporters
- May 23, 2019 Sarah Lindsell, chief executive of the Brain Tumour Charity, chairs a panel that includes, among others, Karin Woodley, chief executive of Cambridge House, and Di Gornall, director of fundraising at Centrepoint
- May 23, 2019 Deborah Alsina tells Third Sector's Fundraising Conference that too much money raised in this way for, say, individual cancer sufferers ends up in private bank accounts if unused
- May 20, 2019 After much deliberation, the judges for this year's Fundraisers: The New Generation have chosen 10 worthy winners from the wealth of emerging fundraising talent. Rebecca Cooney reports
- May 22, 2019 Gemma Sherrington of Save the Children tells Third Sector's Fundraising Conference that the impulse give is an opportunity to build engagement
- May 15, 2019 Embrace your mistakes and disasters, and make sure you learn from them
County Durham Community Foundation takes a collaborative approach to supporting local youth groups, in partnership with The Good ExchangeMarch 20, 2019
Financial & Societal Pressures Driving Rise in Grant Applications, Say Charity Grant-Makers, Yet Digital Skills Gap & Legacy Processes Hampering EffortsMarch 06, 2019
Now bring us some figgy pudding! Brits think dads, husbands and boyfriends eat the most on Christmas DayDecember 18, 2018
- December 06, 2018
London charity Voyage Youth, set-up to help tackle the root causes of youth crime awarded £15,000 in match-funding from Englefield Charitable Trust via The Good ExchangeNovember 27, 2018
News from CAP Arts N.I.
- This bursary allows a successful Artist to spend two all–inclusive weeks at the prestigious Tyrone Guthrie Centre, Annaghmakerrig, Co Monaghan. This idyllic artists’ retreat plays host to artists from around the world working in a variety of art forms. Please contact Lynda for further information and advice on T 02892
- What do you need to progress your practice and/or career? What do you need to kick start a new idea? Jerwood Bursaries provide funding to help you explore and develop your next steps, whether through supporting your skills and knowledge development and/or supporting the first stage development of
- The Arts Service of Ards and North Down Borough Council currently have Arts Funding streams open for application as well as the Heritage Grant. If you are a community group, special interest group, charitable organisation, an individual artist or a young artist, don’t miss out on this opportunity to access
- The International Showcase Fund offers vital support for UK based* artists, bands, songwriters and producers based who have been invited to play an international showcasing festival or conference. The PRS Foundation grant up to £5,000 as a contribution to; Travel Visas Accommodation Per diems (daily expenses) We grant
- The Youth Creative Skills Training Bursary Scheme has been established to help improve access to creative skills training or development programmes for young people. This bursary scheme links to Strategic Theme 2 in the Cultural Strategy – Investing in creative learning & skills development: To support the creative
- The Lord and Lady Lurgan Trust gives grants in the U.K., usually in London, and in Northern Ireland and South Africa. In the U.K. grants are focused on: Music and arts education and participation Deafness and other disabilities The elderly Medical relief including hospice support, and Medical research Please note
- The Culture Arts and Heritage Grant Scheme has been designed to best support, promote and develop cultural, arts and heritage events, projects and activities. It has been devised to support local community and voluntary groups to promote and develop projects which broaden cultural access throughout the council area.
- Purpose of the Grant Good Relations grant aid is a small grants programme that aims to support the Together Building a United Community Strategy. This grant is part funded by the Executive Office. The Together: Building a United Community Strategy (TBUC) Children and Young People: To continue to
- To support local communities deliver a local festival in their area bringing people from across the area together. The fund is supported by the Department of Communities. Criteria Level of Community Benefit and Participation (number of days, activities). Number of beneficiaries (local and neighbouring areas). Promotion of Good Relations
- Fermanagh and Omagh District Council through its Community Services – Project Development Grant provides funding for voluntary clubs, societies and community organisations. This funding is for groups who wish to identify local need and/or further develop project ideas. Examples of work that will be funded through this programme